Sign ups are now being held for the CVCO Shooting Stars Basketball 2013-2014 season. The league is open to children in grades K through 12th grade. The format for K through 2nd grade is instructional training, while participants in grades 3rd through 12th are placed on teams with scheduled practices and games. The divisions are split into 3rd and 4th grade, 5th and 6th grade, 7th and 8th grade, and a division for the 9th through 12th grades. We will once again have two divisions for girls only – one for 3rd and 4th graders and one for 5th and 6th graders.
For those who participated in the league last year, you will be receiving a letter and a registration form in the mail. Registration forms are available here and at Gould’s ShurSave supermarket.
Please mail back your registration form with a check made out to CVCO Shooting Stars Basketball in the amount of $50. The registration charge for an additional child from the same family is $25. Forms should be mailed to:
CVCO Shooting Stars Basketball, PO Box 1316, Conyngham, PA 18219.
Although we prefer that you mail back your registration form, there will be a sign up at the CVCO gym on the following date:
• Saturday, Oct 19th from 9am – 10:30am
All participants new to the league or new to a division must try out. Tryouts will be held on Saturday, November 2nd at the CVCO gym.
The schedule for the tryouts will be as follows:
• 9:00am – 10:30am for 3rd and 4th grade Girls and 5th and 6th grade Girls
• 11:00am – 1:00pm for 3rd and 4th grade Boys and 5th and 6th grade Boys
There will not be a tryout for 7th and 8th grade. Boys and girls in this division will be contacted some time after November 2nd.
Remember, the deadline for registration will be October 26, 2013. Mailed registration forms should be postmarked no later than October 26th. Applications received after that date will be put on a waiting list.
• Practices for 3rd through 8th grade are scheduled to being on or after November 9, 2013.
• Games for 3rd through 12th grade are scheduled to begin on or after January 4, 2013.
• Instructional practices for Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade are scheduled to begin on or after January 4, 2013. Each grade will get together for one night for approximately 10 weeks.
Questions about the league can be directed to Brian Vayda at email@example.com